Hilfe für Malawi
Some eight years ago the founder of the German charity Hilfe für Malawi, Dr Harald Braun, knocked at the door of St. Augustine’s and asked if St. Augustine’s might be interested in supporting the Anglican hospital St Anne’s in Lilongwe. Our then priest immediately said yes.
Since then we have supported various projects in Malawi:
– Supplying bed linen, bicycles and other useful things
– Co-financing midwife training
– Helping the Anglican Bishop equip his office
– Changing petroleum lamps into solar lamps
– Sponsoring two bicycle ambulances and medicines for a palliative care unit
Our current local partner is a palliative care clinic NdiMoyo founded by Lucy and Tony Finch, who visited us in November. Visit the NdiMoyo website here.