Christian formation is the lifelong process of growing in relationship with God, self, others and all creation. In this process, we are transformed into the people God wants us to be. The Episcopal Church has gracefully articulated how we answer God’s call in this Charter for Lifelong Christian Formation, a resolve of General Convention passed in 2009.
St. Augustine’s offers a variety of formation opportunities, both clergy and lay led, both with a Biblical focus and looking at other topics through the lense of our faith. Our programme for the second half of 2017 is here: Adult Christian Formation 9-12.2017
- Coffee and Scripture: A weekly exploration of the Scripture readings for the upcoming Sunday – Wednesdays at 11:00 am (Feinkost Feickert)
- Friday Formation: Taking a closer look at the Prayer Book (“The Prayer Book and Scripture” and “The Spirituality of the Book of Common Prayer”) Friday Sept. 22, Oct. 27, and Nov. 24 at 7.30 pm (Parsonage)
- Advent Quiet Day: A ‘mini retreat’ focusing on prayer and meditation – December 9:12 noon – 3 pm (St. Augustine’s Church)
- Home Group:Meets twice a month– contact email@example.com
- Adult Forums:Special forums after church – as announced. Recent topics have included apologetics, the Papal Encyclical “Laudato Si,” Church History, Miracles, and Outreach Projects