Please join us for worship at our Service of Holy Eucharist this Sunday, 14th February (Last Sunday after the Epiphany) at 10.00 am. Our readings are from 2 Kings 2:1-12, 2 Corinthians 4:3-6, and Mark 9:2-9. Fr. Chris will be presiding and preaching (also later in the day at our second service in Mainz at 5.00 pm). Here is the bulletin.
We currently only have seating for up to 35 people (not including the choral ensemble and altar party). If you have not registered, we recommend that you watch the service from home, as we cannot guarantee a place. If you are coming to the service, please download the bulletin to your phone or tablet, if you can, as we are printing fewer paper bulletins to avoid wastage.
Please also note that a medical mask (surgical, FFP2 or DIN KN95/N95) must now be worn while attending church. Homemade textile masks and scarves etc. are no longer acceptable.
Sunday school is online, via Zoom, at 11.00 am using this link. ( Meeting-ID: 220 725 285 Password: 435261). We are pausing our creche/nursery care facility for now, at least until the end of the current lockdown, and will then review.
You can join our worship services either in church, or live online (via Facebook Live). You should be able to go straight to the Livestream using this link (even if you do not have a Facebook account – just ignore any attempts to make you register)! Should that not work, please go to our Facebook page here and scroll down until you find the Livestream, which we will start at 9.45 am (the service will start at the usual time of 10.00 am).
If you want to include prayers for yourself or another during the Prayers of the People at any of our services, please send an email
- TUESDAY 6.00 pm. Shrove Tuesday “Fun & Games” (Zoom).
- WEDNESDAY 12.00 noon. Ash Wednesday Service (Zoom).
7.00 pm. Ash Wednesday Service (Zoom).
- THURSDAY 6.30 pm. Vestry Meeting (Zoom).
- FRIDAY 8.30 pm. A Service of Compline (Zoom).
- SUNDAY 10.00 am. Sunday Worship: Online and at St. Augustine’s.
11.00 am. Sunday School (Zoom)
5.00 pm. Worship in Mainz (Christophskirche).
The flowers today have been given by Monika Ehrentraut in loving memory of her mother.
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Vestry elections
We are delaying our AGM until, for now, Saturday, April 24 so as to be able to have at least some attendance at church. Depending on developments, we might delay further. However, if you are interested in standing for one of the 6 places on the Vestry (or just want to know more) please contact the Rector or Deborah Cole, our Senior Warden. To stand for the Vestry you must be a “voting member of the church,” i.e. 16 years of age or older, have submitted a signed application for membership, and support the church with identifiable financial or service support (Article II 2. of our by-laws).
- Shrove Tuesday Fun and Games Night on Tuesday, 16th February (Zoom) from 6.00 pm.
- Ash Wednesday Worship, 17th February at 12.00 Noon and 7.00 pm (Zoom).
- Sunday February 21, 3-00 pm: Special Digital Coffee Hour for Newcomers.
- Stations of the Cross and Lenten Course “Why Suffering” beginning Friday Feb. 26, then March 12, 19 and 26 from 6.30 pm (Zoom).
- World Day Prayer Service Friday March 5 at 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm in St. Michael’s Church. Registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org