Please join us for worship at our Service of Holy Eucharist this Sunday, 21st February (First Sunday in Lent) at 10.00 am. The service starts with the chanting of the Great Litany. The Great Litany was the first element of worship in English prepared by Thomas Cranmer and it predates the first Book of Common Prayer. Our readings are from Genesis 9:8-17, 1 Peter 3:18-22, and Mark 1:9-15. Fr. Chris will be presiding and preaching. The bulletin is here.
We currently only have seating for up to 35 people (not including the choral ensemble and altar party). If you have not registered, we recommend that you watch the service from home, as we cannot guarantee a place. If you are coming to the service, please download the bulletin to your phone or tablet, if you can, as we are printing fewer paper bulletins to avoid wastage.
Please also note that a medical mask (surgical, FFP2 or DIN KN95/N95) must now be worn while attending church. Homemade textile masks and scarves etc. are no longer acceptable.
Sunday school is online, via Zoom, at 11.00 am using this link. ( Meeting-ID: 220 725 285 Password: 435261). We are pausing our creche/nursery care facility for now, at least until the end of the current lockdown, and will then review.
You can join our worship services either in church, or live online (via Facebook Live). You should be able to go straight to the Livestream using this link (even if you do not have a Facebook account – just ignore any attempts to make you register)! Should that not work, please go to our Facebook page here and scroll down until you find the Livestream, which we will start at 9.45 am (the service will start at the usual time of 10.00 am).
If you want to include prayers for yourself or another during the Prayers of the People at any of our services, please send an email
This week at a glance
- TUESDAY 7.30 pm. Outreach Committee (Zoom).
- WEDNESDAY 11.00 am. Word & Worship (Zoom).
- FRIDAY 6.30 pm. Stations of the Cross & Lenten Course (Zoom).
- SUNDAY 10.00 am. Sunday Worship: Online/St. Augustine’s.
11.00 am. Sunday School (Zoom).
5.00 pm. Anglican Evensong: Online/St. Augustine’s.
6.00 pm. Old Catholic Worship in Mainz (Christophskirche).
There are no flowers during Lent, but a general collection is made for the Easter Flowers. You are invited to make a donation, however small, towards the cost using the special Easter Donation envelopes.
- Stations of the Cross and Lenten Course “Why Suffering” beginning Friday Feb. 26, then March 12, 19 and 26 from 6.30 pm (Zoom).
- World Day Prayer Service Friday March 5 at 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm in St. Michael’s Church. Registration required: email@example.com
Holy Week and Easter Services
- Wednesday 31st March: Tenebrae 8:00 pm (Zoom).
- Maundy Thursday 1st April: Eucharist 7:00 pm
- Good Friday 2nd April: Special Liturgy with Veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion (time tbd)
- Saturday 3rd April: Great Vigil of Easter 9:00 pm
- Easter Sunday 4th April: Festive Eucharist 10:00 am
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Vestry elections
We are delaying our AGM until, for now, Saturday, April 24 so as to be able to have at least some attendance at church. Depending on developments, we might delay further. However, if you are interested in standing for one of the 6 places on the Vestry (or just want to know more) please contact the Rector or Deborah Cole, our Senior Warden. To stand for the Vestry you must be a “voting member of the church,” i.e. 16 years of age or older, have submitted a signed application for membership, and support the church with identifiable financial or service support (Article II 2. of our by-laws).