Please join us for worship at our Family Eucharist this Sunday, 28th February (Second Sunday in Lent) at 10.00 am. Our readings are from Genesis 17:1-7, 15-16, Romans 4:13-25, Mark 8:31-38. Fr. Chris will be presiding and preaching. The bulletin is here.
Later, at 5.00 pm, we will have our first Evensong service of 2021. Here is the bulletin for Evensong.
If you are coming to the service(s), please download the bulletin to your phone or tablet, if you can, as we are printing fewer paper bulletins to avoid wastage. Please also remember to bring and use a medical mask (OP or FFP2).
You can join our worship services either in church, or live online (via Facebook Live). You should be able to go straight to the Livestream using this link (even if you do not have a Facebook account – just ignore any attempts to make you register)! Should that not work, please go to our Facebook page here and scroll down until you find the Livestream, which we will start at 9.45 am (for 10.00 am) and at 4.45 pm (for 5.00 pm).
We have no Sunday school this week. We are also pausing our creche/nursery care facility for now, at least until the end of the current lockdown, and will then review.
We currently only have seating for up to 35 people (not including the choral ensemble and altar party). If you have not registered, we recommend that you watch the service from home, as we cannot guarantee a place. If you are coming to the service, please download the bulletin to your phone or tablet, if you can, as we are printing fewer paper bulletins to avoid wastage.
Please also note that a medical mask (surgical, FFP2 or DIN KN95/N95) must now be worn while attending church. Homemade textile masks and scarves etc. are no longer acceptable.
If you want to include prayers for yourself or another during the Prayers of the People at any of our services, please send me an email
This week at a glance
- WEDNESDAY 11.00 am. Word & Worship (Zoom).
- THURSDAY 3.00 pm. Coffee with Chris (Zoom).
- FRIDAY 3.30 pm and 5.30 pm. World Day of Prayer services (St. Michael’s Church.)
5.00 pm. Peace Prayer in Mainz (Christophskirche).
- SUNDAY 10.00 am. Sunday Worship: Online and at St. Augustine’s.
11.00 am. Sunday School (Zoom).
5.00 pm. Worship in Mainz (Christophskirche).
There are no flowers during Lent, but a general collection is made for the Easter Flowers. You are invited to make a donation, however small, towards the cost using the special Easter Donation envelopes.
- On Friday March 5 at 5.00 pm we host the weekly Prayer for Peace at the Christophskirche in Mainz. Dorothee Dziewas is officiating.
- World Day Prayer Service Friday March 5 at 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm in St. Michael’s Church. Registration required: email@example.com
Holy Week and Easter Services
- Wednesday 31st March: Tenebrae 8:00 pm (Zoom).
- Maundy Thursday 1st April: Eucharist 7:00 pm
- Good Friday 2nd April: Special Liturgy with Veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion (time tbd)
- Saturday 3rd April: Great Vigil of Easter 9:00 pm
- Easter Sunday 4th April: Festive Eucharist 10:00 am
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Vestry elections
We are delaying our AGM until, for now, Saturday, April 24 so as to be able to have at least some attendance at church. Depending on developments, we might delay further. However, if you are interested in standing for one of the 6 places on the Vestry (or just want to know more) please contact the Rector or Deborah Cole, our Senior Warden. To stand for the Vestry you must be a “voting member of the church,” i.e. 16 years of age or older, have submitted a signed application for membership, and support the church with identifiable financial or service support (Article II 2. of our by-laws).