The Vestry of St. Augustine’s, Wiesbaden
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Vestry of St. Augustine’s, Wiesbaden is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Vestry of St. Augustine’s, Wiesbaden complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To fulfill our purpose as specified in our bylaws: “The purpose of the Church is the spreading of God’s word, the promotion of Christian living and the pastoral care of its Members in accordance with the teachings of the Anglican Episcopal Church. This purpose is carried out through regular services, religious teaching, pastoral care of church members and non-members, and the care and fostering of church life and church music, as well as the care and maintenance of the church building and grounds.”
• To administer membership records;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the Church;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of tax certificates = “Zuwendungsbescheinigungen”);
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at St. Augustine’s;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about parish news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about ecumenical and Convocation events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to tax certificates or under employment, social security or social protection law;
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit association with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church or with external data processors (HCSM Steuerberatung GmbH, MailChimp, 1&1 Internet) on the basis of data processing agreement in accordance with the GDPR (Art. 28). In all other cases, we will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with legal retention requirements and usual church practice.
Specifically, we retain membership and electoral roll data while it is still current and for 10 years after the member has left; tax certificates (Zuwendungsbescheinigungen) and associated paperwork for 10 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, confirmations, marriages, funerals) permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Vestry of St. Augustine’s, Wiesbaden holds about you;
• The right to request that the Vestry of St. Augustine’s, Wiesbaden corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Vestry of St. Augustine’s, Wiesbaden to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer for Hessen.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Parish Administrator at:
Frankfurter Strasse 3, 65189 Wiesbaden,
Tel.: +49 611 306674
You can contact the Data Protection Officer for Hessen under:
Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte, Postfach 3163, 65021 Wiesbaden
Telefon: +49 611 1408 – 0 Telefax: +49 611 1408 – 900
Version dated: 28.05.2018